People who spend money on energy drinks drive me crazy. Good on companies for stealing away their money and making them believe this stuff is actually good for them!
I saw a girl today who bought a whole case of the blue-coloured stuff. All in throw-away, single-use plastic bottles of course. Just water, colouring, and a whole pile of sugars. It even has oil as an ingredient! Are you nuts??
I started making my own iced tea a while back. I've experimented quite a bit, and it was actually thanks to Susun Weed (Herbal Medicine Guru, whose newsletters came from I-don't-know-where, but were quite welcomed) who planted the herbal seed in me. It makes so much sense!
Herbal tea is so easy to make, and it doesn't have to be warm. Works so well as a cool drink (room temp), so good for you (as they claim) and I love it (should I stop writing in brackets already?).
Before bedtime, I will boil a large pot of water.
Add herbs + other ingredients. No need to mix.
Put lid on.
Leave it there overnight.
In the morning, strain, put in glass container, and enjoy. My kids love this stuff with a bit of honey (just a bit) and it's soOoOoOoo refreshing, tasty, electrifying!
Here's what I put in mine right now:
- 2 Tablespoons of dried Nettle leaves (astringent, good for hormone balance)
- 2 Tablespoons of Oatstraw (good brain-power stuff)
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemongrass (good for digestion, insomnia, respiratory, antibiotic)
- 2 or 3 dried orange peels (for taste of course! Also for Vit. C., immune system booster)
- 3 or 4 slices of organic ginger (how much time do you have to mention benefits?)
- 1 Tablespoon of dried lavender leaves (mood and stress stuff)
Once the stuff is in jars, dump the leaves in the garden - share the love. Have first thing in the morning, after workout, in the afternoon when you're going crazy driving kids around, after dinner, and while you're making your next day's batch.
And if you're still thirsty, DRINK WATER. 'nuff said.